Are you looking for an independent school education? The New Century School is currently accepting applications for the 2021–2022 academic year.
TNCS Quick Facts
- TNCS is an independent private school. Our divisions include middle school (6th–8th grades), elementary (kindergarten–5th grades), and preschool (2- to 5-year-olds).
- The New Century School is located in the thriving and historic Fell’s Point neighborhood of Baltimore, Maryland.
- We foster a lifelong love of learning and world awareness in every child.
- Our language program teaches students to become proficient in both Spanish and Mandarin Chinese.
- The preschool curriculum follows the Montessori method.
- Kindergarten, elementary, and middle school programs follow inquiry-based curricula.
TNCS’s Middle School program cultivates critical thinking, preparing students to enter competitive high-school environments. The curriculum focuses on mastery of core academics, STEM, and modern world languages.
Class sizes are small, allowing teachers to differentiate instruction and offer individualized support. Rigor is infused through the program, with students taking on increasingly complex tasks through the Middle School grades.
The hallmark of The New Century School is teaching 21st-century skills. In our current world, knowing information is less useful than being able to use that information effectively.
At TNCS, we guide our students to learn how to obtain information, make sense of it, and apply it in other contexts. Through the use of inquiry, students receive a thorough grounding in STEM subjects (science, engineering, technology, and mathematics). Music and the visual arts are also part of the daily curriculum, promoting creativity and mindfulness.