This program is designed to fully equip students for their elementary years with intensive focus on reading and writing, introduction to technology, and formal Mandarin Chinese and Spanish instruction.
Recognizing the many differences in learning rates and styles, we individualize each child’s school experience for the fullest development of his or her potential. We embrace the concept of a multi-age community as optimal for academic, social, and emotional learning.
We ignite children’s natural curiosity with activities and lessons that are relevant to their lives.
Transitioning from Montessori Preschool to Elementary School
In kindergarten/1st-grade, classroom management is a hybrid of independent learning mixed with one-on-one, small group, and whole-class instruction. This approach ensures a smooth transition from the Montessori-style preschool classroom to the more scholastically rigorous elementary program. TNCS’s kindergarten program is open to both current students and new enrollees. We welcome children from Baltimore City and beyond.
The K/1st Curriculum
To support our inquiry-based learning methodology, tools we use in our kindergarten program include:
- Singapore Math
- Montessori Math
- The Daily 5
- Units of Study in Argument, Information, and Narrative Writing
- Junior Great Books
- Raz Kids
- Engineering is Elementary
To be accepted into kindergarten, children must be 5 years old by September 1st.
I believe that each student is an exceptional individual who requires a safe, caring, and encouraging learning environment in which to grow and mature emotionally, intellectually, physically, and socially.Teresa Jacoby
- TNCS Veteran Teacher Laura Noletto Takes Over Elementary and Middle School Spanish Instruction!
- A Spring Break Message to Thank You, TNCS!
- Virtual TNCS: A School and Its Student Body Continue to Thrive!
- Cooperative Learning at TNCS: Reading Buddies, Budding Readers
- RecyQueen Returns to TNCS!
- TNCS K/1st Classes Get to the Core of Apple Harvesting!
- Back-to-School Night: Meet New TNCS Teachers and More!
- TNCS Gets Ready for School!
- TNCS Performs at Confucius Institute Day
- TNCS Students Get the Wiggles Out and the Learning In