TNCS offers a range of extracurricular activities (ECAs) after the school day is over. Enrollment is optional. ECAs are offered on a quarterly basis.
After Care as well as non–After Care students are welcome to register. After Care Clubs are included in the price of After Care; specialty activities require an additional fee.
After-School Extracurricular Activities—more ways to have fun and keep learning!
Important Information: Extracurricular Activities
- Activities run quarterly, on school days only (no holidays or inclement weather days).
- Payment is made through FACTS.
- ECAs are led either by TNCS staff or by trusted third-party providers. Fees for specialty activities vary by activity.
- Age and grade restrictions also vary by activity. While some activities are available for children as young as age 4, most ECAs are geared toward Elementary and Middle School students in Grades K–8.
- After Care Clubs are included in the price of After Care. Non–After Care families may enroll in After Care Clubs for a fee.
- Specialty ECAs, such as Modern Masters, are priced by activity. A discount may be applied to After Care families.
- When we are able to offer offsite programs, TNCS provides transportation to partner organizations.
- ECAs must meet a minimum enrollment to run, and TNCS may cancel an ECA at any time due to low enrollment. In the event an ECA is canceled, you will receive a refund for the canceled portion.
At a Glance: 2022–2023 Extracurricular Activities
|Girls On the Run*||3rd–8th||Θ||TuTh|
|Conversational Chinese I*||K–4th||Θ||TuTh|
|Conversational Chinese II*||5th–8th||Θ||TuTh|
|Spelling Bee Club||4K–8th||Θ||W|
*This activity has an additional fee for After Care students.
Extracurricular Program Descriptions
Dungeons & Dragons Club
Dungeons & Dragons with Mr. Brosius
Become a wizard or a dragon slayer and create your own world with your TNCS friends.
Conversational Chinese (I for K-4, II for 5-8) with Lui Laoshi
Increase your Chinese language proficiency with games and other fun activities.
Girls on the Run Heart & Sole
About Girls on the Run Heart & Sole
Girls on the Run is an evidence based, physical activity based program for students who identify as female or non-binary.
During the program, students learn specific strategies and skills for emotion management, helping others, making intentional decisions, and resolving conflict.
About Modern Masters with Ms. Hilary
Q1: Contemporary Kids
Learn about different art forms through studying various contemporary artists. You’ll paint, draw, sculpt, and cut paper in this multimedia class!
Soccer Shots ** September 13th- November 1st
Enjoy playing FIFA, bring those gaming skills to life! Meet us at Patterson Park to show us your skills and gain more experience.
Spelling Bee Club with Ms. Weiskopf
Come prepare to be apart of TNCS first Spelling Bee! Learn how to competitively spell words in the blink of an eye while expanding your vocabulary.