Through the use of inquiry, students receive a thorough grounding in STEM subjects (science, engineering, technology, and mathematics). Music and the visual arts are also part of the daily curriculum, promoting creativity and mindfulness. Multilingualism is another necessary skill in our global world, and our elementary students learn to speak, read, and write fluently in Spanish and Mandarin Chinese in addition to English.
Elementary School Areas of Focus
TNCS’s robust elementary program encompasses all disciplines in a challenging, enriching whole.
Literature & Language Arts
- Appreciation of a variety of literary genres
- Strong writing skills, including creative writing
- Hands-on experimentation
- Exploration of the natural sciences
- Understanding engineering concepts
World Languages & Cultures
- Building fluency in Mandarin Chinese and Spanish
- Teleconferencing to sister schools around the world
- Geographic knowledge and cultural understanding
- Real-world problem-solving
- Algebraic thinking
- Understanding measurement and data
- Music history and music appreciation
- Reading music
- Playing a musical instrument
- Promoting fitness, body awareness, and coordination
- Movement and exercise incorporated throughout the day
- After-school athletics and team sports
- Keyboarding and word processing
- Using mobile devices and web-based tools
- Collaborating on digital projects
- Art history and appreciation
- Utilizing a wide variety of media and techniques
- Community art projects
Take a Tour and Meet with our Admissions Director
Interested in applying to TNCS’s Elementary program? Come and visit us.
Elementary School Curriculum: Inquiry-Based Learning Tools
- Units of Study in Argument, Information, and Narrative Writing
- Junior Great Books
- Raz Kids
- Engineering is Elementary
- Singapore Math
- The Daily 5
- IXL: Online Math and Language Arts Practice
- TNCS Elementary and Middle School Students Do Hands-On Field Research!
- TNCS Elementary and Middle School Students Spread Kindness from the Ground Up!
- TNCS Elementary and Middle School Students Get Moony!
- RecyQueen Returns to TNCS!
- Internet Safety Assembly at TNCS
- TNCS Lower Elementary Students Make Sense of Mindfulness!
- TNCS Elementary and Middle School Students Visit AVAM!
- TNCS March Madness 2018!
- TNCS’s Annual Elementary & Middle School Information Nights: An Overview
- TNCS Continues Annual Service to the Community with Project Linus
- TNCS Students Get Technical!