- Design, plan, adapt, modify, and individualize educational materials, resources, techniques, methods, and strategies to meet the needs of lower elementary students
- Plan and modify appropriate instructional/learning strategies and activities, including determination and appropriate principals of learning and classroom organizational structures
- Prepare teaching materials such as syllabi and handouts
- Supplement the classroom with instructional material made with school funds
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions
- Prepare students to participate in school programs/activities that reinforce cultural and ethnic customs and enhance overall education
- Assign and grade homework
- Administer and grade quizzes/tests
- Assign in-class assignments and prepare in-class activities
- Promote classroom discussion
- Plan and execute instructional lessons
- Write report cards, etc.
- Assess student abilities as related to desired educational goals, objectives, and outcomes
- Implement an instructional program aimed at providing appropriate learning experiences for each student
- Ensure classroom and/or instructional environment is attractive, healthful, safe, and conducive to learning
- Interact with the Directors and other teachers to discuss issues relevant to curriculum and school
- Continually assess student achievement, and maintain appropriate assessment and evaluation documentation for reporting purposes
- Evaluate student performance and provide feedback to parents/guardians throughout the school year including individual parent/guardian conferences twice a year and at least two parent/guardian workshops or information sessions, and email summaries twice a week
- Meet monthly (or more often as necessary) with the Directors and academic coordinator
- Call to the attention of the Directors any student with special difficulties or needs, and be prepared to discuss issues with parents/guardians
- Attend and participate in school functions that relate to position or teaching in support of the school community
- Work and conduct oneself in a professional manner, including respecting student confidentiality, cooperating with other teachers and staff members, working out differences in a mature and reasonable manner, and communicating unresolved concerns with the Directors
- Understand and promote the school’s mission, purpose and objectives, and policies to parents/guardians in a positive and supportive manner
- Perform other teaching duties as assigned; etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Mathematics or a closely related field
- Two years of experience in the proffered position or closely related occupation
How to Apply
Full-time. Patterson Park Montessori, LLC. Baltimore, MD.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.