Approved EPCC Provider
In mid March, TNCS quickly moved to get approval from the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) to be an official Essential Personnel Child Care (EPCC) site. We were additionally authorized to offer child care for children of parents working in businesses reopened by the Governor’s Executive Order Number 20-05-13-01 and Executive Order Number 20-03-25-01.
Safety practices from the EPCC Program are now applied to our limited Summer Camp offerings.
Interested in Child Care for Summer 2020?
TNCS Operating Parameters
- Hours of operation are 7:30 am to 5:30 pm.
- A maximum number of 10 students and teachers combined per classroom.
- The building remains closed to parents and non-essential staff.
- Drop-off/pick up take place outside.
- The temperatures of staff and children will be taken upon arrival. Temperatures must be below 100.4.
- Social distancing will be practiced as much as possible; no interaction between classes takes place including at lunchtime and recess.
- Students need to bring all snacks and lunch. All food must be nut-free.
- Cleaning practices continue to follow the CDC COVID-19 Environmental Cleaning Disinfection protocol.
- Children will be sent home if they exhibit signs of respiratory infection, fever, acute onset of cough, sore throat, new shortness of breath.
As of July 2020, Essential Personnel and all other parents are welcome to register for a limited number of On Site Summer Camps at TNCS. Completed registrations will be reviewed to ensure students are added in a fashion and at a time that allows us to maintain the safest operations.
The TNCS EPCC program is conveniently located in the Fell’s Point neighborhood of Baltimore, Maryland.
The New Century School
724 S. Ann St.
Baltimore, MD 21231
Cleaning practices at TNCS follow the CDC COVID-19 Environmental Cleaning Disinfection protocol.